PerkinElmer is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Waltham MSMS R&D team. This entry-level role will collaborate in development of several applications on a PerkinElmer QSight platform. The position will contribute to projects and provide timely and accurate results to assure the launch of reagent kits for Research and Clinical use. The ideal candidate must demonstrate attention to detail, work well with others in a team environment, be a highly motivated team member, be able to deliver on clear targets, and effectively communicate results.
The ideal candidate possesses some working knowledge of Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Technically contribute to multiple projects developing reagent kits for Mass Spec applications for Food Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics; Design methods for Sample Extraction, Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spec Analysis (GC-MS,LC-MSMS and FIA)
- Hands-on involvement in assay product development, verification and validation
- With guidance, create documentation for R&D DHF deliverables according to PerkinElmer Design Control Process for IVD or RUO products(feasibility plan/report, reagent/software requirements, verification & validation plan/report)
- Conduct testing to verify and document assay functionality
- Ensure timely completion of all relevant deliverables. Plan own work in alignment with overall timelines of the R&D projects
- Support other team members with standard operating tasks in the lab, reagent preparation, consumable preparation to increase efficiency of lab work.
- Knowledge of Bioanalytical methods for GC and LC-MS/MS based solutions, fluid dynamics, and material science
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry including sample prep, and data processing for LC-MS/MS studies.
- Experience in requirement management tool (JIRA, Polarion, Doors) is a plus
- Strong self-planning and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, where change is a constant
Education and Experience:
BS in relevant science/engineering field (Biomedical engineering; analytical, organic or physical chemistry; chemical engineering)
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.