Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Subject Matter expert on L1 Channel Estimation on our Advanced Wireless Technology team. Initially the position status is remote working but when facilities open it will be based in Ottawa. Initially the position status is remote working but when facilities open it will be based in Ottawa.
What you’ll achieve
As an SME will assist in the design of 5G and beyond system using AI/ML to optimize L1 Channel Estimation, taking part in a once in a career opportunity. As a successful candidate, you need to possess a number of critical skills, including a good understanding of RF systems and systems architecture. You must have a variety of RF standards (3GPP, O-RAN) knowledge to enable the formulation of solutions to optimize the cost/performance/size trade-off.
- Work with data scientists and ML engineers to optimize L1 Channel Estimation
- Test and validate on suitable 5G testbeds and/or channel sounders
- Status reporting to stakeholders
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proven record of successfully running technology research and development programs for wireless products, preferably 5G, and delivering product to market
- Good understanding of O-RAN system architectures from CU to RU.
- Organized, goal-oriented technical leader to lead, follow, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable development peers and business partners.
- Excellent communication skills and highly motivated
- Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in RF/ microwave systems and digital communications and RF signal propagation
- 5G research experience desirable, academia or industry
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.