As Sr Manager/Director, Oncology Commercial Insights you will partner with, advise, and advocate for, Oncology BU leadership on portfolio of Commercial Insights responsibilities and defined deliverables, including:
- Develop and execute a market research plan to support oncology product(s) in alignment with brand strategic imperatives
- Integrate insights gathered across venues (e.g., primary research, advisory boards etc.) to provide a more robust view of market dynamics
- Explore cutting edge primary research methodologies to support complex business questions
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess performance of product(s) and ensure data collection is in place to assess these KPIs
- Conduct analyses using internal and external real world data to generate disease insights to improve patient care and support business needs
- Transform real-world data into actionable insights in through hands-on manipulation and statistical analysis of complex real world datasets.
- Liaise with forecast colleagues to provide data-driven assumptions based on qualitative and quantitative insights
- Perform ad hoc and deep dive analysis in secondary research as required to uncover and understand market and competitive dynamics
- Liaise with Global Insights & Analytics for best practice sharing and building of cross-geography capabilities
The Commercial Insights Manager/Director role will work along-side the Brand Team, and requires strong influencing, communication, and negotiation skills, in addition to a combination of strong technical quantitative and qualitative competences in order to effectively communicate insights to management committees. GSK will be investing in your professional development in order to develop future insights-grounded brand leaders.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business or science field
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role within the pharmaceutical/biotech or consulting industries. Manager Grade 6: minimum 4 years experience; Director Grade 5: minimum 6 years experience
- Analytical and computer skills; Excel-based skills (functions and pivot tables), PowerPoint experience and experience with dashboard tools like Tableau.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical secondary data sources (e.g., patient/claims data etc.)
- Experience working in oncology
- Strong understanding of drug development and commercialization process
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple conflicting priorities
If You Have The Following Characteristics, It Would Be A Plus:
Understanding Of The Business Impact Of Diversity & Inclusion
- Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
- Demonstrable record of success of both: Primary and secondary market research, Pharmaceutical market/product forecasting, Real world data analytics
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.