The Account Director is responsible for the overall leadership of a specified client relationships/businesses including the development of strategic account growth plans, overseeing the execution of plans, owning all client contracts and financial management. The Account Director’s performance is measured based on client satisfaction with Epsilon, account revenue and margin, and growth of the account.
- The Account Director strives to add value to the client’s business, thereby making himself/herself an invaluable member/partner of the client’s business team.
- The Account Director is the team leader, responsible for motivating his/her team, addressing areas of need, and ensuring the highest possible quality of work generated by the team.
- The Account Director is responsible for profitably building the business on which he/she works, by identifying new projects and business opportunities.
The responsibilities for the Account Director fall into the following categories:
Collaboration and Consultation
- Know your client. Work collaboratively with them and their agencies to ensure the best strategies and integrated plans possible.
- Lead your client. Constantly educate your client in the relevant areas of the business such as data-driven marketing, mar-tech and industry players. Provide a point of view and recommendation on a plan/course of action. Be a go-to source for advice and council.
- Extend your client relationships. Understand the core competencies to cross sell and expand Epsilon’s sphere of influence within the client organization.
- Develop annual account plans for all assigned accounts
- Formulate account specific service tactics, utilizing team orientation in support of the account plan
- Direct the team’s account service effort
- Ensure service levels and tactics are keeping with strategic goals
- Monitor and direct expansion of management relationships
- Develop the account relationships for long-term association
- Ensure your team is set up for success with the client
- Service accounts personally and directly, updating and including the Client Partner when appropriate
- Acquire client assignments. Define, clarify and focus direction.
- Lead the development of any long-term account or related industry strategy
- Add value, expertise and knowledge
- Look to develop client relationships at the senior level
- Proactively grow client business
- Develop, investigate and initiate project opportunities
- Guide team to ensure flawless execution
- Communicate the client request to the appropriate agency departments and individuals. Develop a close and effective working relationship with the cross functional teams.
- Define and communicate timing and budget
- Ensure high levels of accuracy across all aspects of the business
- Shape concepts into programs
- Write or direct the writing of creative options and/or execution plans
- Coordinate creative efforts
- Follow-up and where needed, act directly to ensure client satisfaction
- Provide continuous contact communication with the client, across appropriate levels, as well as with internal management
- Responsible for the financial contributions of multiple clients businesses including revenue, resource allocation/expenses, invoicing, collecting bad debt, margin improvement, contract negotiations/development
- Deliver on preset gross profit objectives
- Coordinate project estimates internally and gain client approval on pricing
- Manage internal project costs against budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of six years of relevant work experience
- Experience leading teams of 10+ people to drive business results for clients
- Experience using data platforms to deliver business results
- Experience in CPG vertical preferred, but not required
- Demonstrate understanding of the essentials of marketing and technology
- Self-starter and ability to work independently to achieve results
- Experience with financial P&L account management of $5MM+
- Ability to thrive in rapid pace work environment with cross-functional teams
- Hungry for innovation, willingness to take calculated risks and take on big challenges
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.