Account Manager Northern England
We have a great opportunity to grow your career as an Account Manager where you will be responsible for the sale of products from our Applied Division in the assigned territory in a manner which positively reflects the Company image.
Ideal candidates will be situated in Northern England as this will be the territory covered.
The product portfolio falls into two areas:
- Separation Sciences including Gas Chromatography (GC) and Liquid Chromatography (LC);
- Spectroscopy including Ultraviolet (UV), Infrared (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA) and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP).
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is an advantage, however, we will consider applications from candidates with experience using relevant instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are considering a change in career direction.
- Competes for all sales opportunities within the territory
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers
- Constant attempts to secure business in new accounts
- Gains knowledge of customer funding procedures
- Develops and maintains the CRM customer/prospect records
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business
- Maintains knowledge of products and prepares, collects and maintains presentation aids.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors products
- Regular business forecasts
- Involvement with customer account receivables
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or similar
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Full UK driving license
- Proven sales experience, within laboratory Instrumentation an advantage
- Sales training will be given to laboratory technicians/scientists who have used relevant instrumentation in industry or academia.
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
- Prepared to travel throughout Scotland and sometimes overseas on an ad hoc basis.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.