One of our clients, a fast growing tax and accounting firm based in Georgia, is building a team that will add value, reliability, and has the drive to help move them forward. Each individual must be passionate about making tax planning and preparation easy, from the first day our clients open a business. If that sounds like you, we invite you to apply to any opened role with our company.
This Accountant II role would go into tax and beyond, becoming a one-stop shop for tax and financial needs clients may have. This position has a high growth potential and exceptional performance might lead to a promotion in the short term, pending approval.
- Prepare tax returns and projections as assigned
- Conduct tax research on sales/use tax, non-profits and/or state income tax per state as well as local, county, and state tax credits, states where we have clients
- Respond to tax notices received by clients
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable for clients engaged
- Reconcile monthly clients for all assigned
- Analyze all financial reports for all assigned clients w/ notes in Canopy Tax
- Complete CEs & CPEs, as needed
- General Ledger Review for monthly clients
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice for assigned clients
- Advise clients about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Pull monthly bank statements for monthly/quarterly clients
- Prepare tax plans/projections and reconcile quarterly clients for all assigned clients
- Calculate estimated taxes for monthly and quarterly clients
- Prepare 1099s and review W-2 reports provided by client for monthly/quarterly/annual clients, if necessary
- Compute depreciation for clients TRs and FRS (annual clients)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other major with tax and accounting (through intermediate) course work completed.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience preparing all types of tax returns with a public CPA firm or private Tax company.
- Background that includes working with tax returns and compiled financial statements with a public CPA firm or private Tax company.
- EA or CPA track desirable
JUMP Recruits is your full-service diversity and inclusion partner, dedicated to providing inclusion, opportunity and successful career outcomes for diverse professionals and employers seeking quality diverse talent. We are excited to re-shape the face of your workforce, one step at a time.
The mission of JUMP Recruits is to improve access to career and job resources for diverse talent while cultivating the inclusive corporate cultures needed for companies to achieve record-breaking results with our data-driven recruiting solutions.
JUMP Recruits Diverse Talent. Dynamic Results.
JUMP Recruits was founded by Cedric Chambers on the idea that every ethnically diverse person deserves a chance at a successful career. After 10 years of experience working in corporate recruiting and human resources, he discovered that there are many forward-thinking companies looking to hire qualified, diverse talent and that with the right tools, resources and guidance they could create the cultures and business successes they were after.
JUMP Recruits was created to prove the idea that diverse talent could be successful in the world's most sought after and high demand jobs. With data-driven solutions, JUMP Recruits is able to develop and implement diversity recruitment programs for employers while offering the advice, support and training necessary for diverse candidates to excel in their careers.