Sodexo HTM in Brentwood TN, a growth oriented and technology service focused division of Sodexo, is seeking a well-qualified candidate for an Accounting Analyst position. The ideal candidate will have accounting background and knowledge, previous experience working in accounting functions, be self-motivated, flexible, able to change work priority as needed, well organized, attentive to detail and accuracy, and efficient with time management.
The primary responsibility of this Accountant/AP Specialist position is to support the overall accounting function. This role will create and analyze templates, accounting worksheets, letters, memos, and other documents using Word, Excel spreadsheet and other office tools; generate financial reports; maintain computer-based filing and archiving systems; and provide financial support to field operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in month-end financial closing and reporting
- Handle requests related to internal and external audit
- Support annual budget process
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts
- Maintain cash management process and credit card activities
- Process company credit application request
- Record prepaid activities and reconcile to the ledger
- Process fixed asset items in the system and reconcile to the ledger
- Track and file state and local sales and use tax returns
- Maintain company’s tax certificate
- Prepare JEs for travel and payroll related expenses
- Allocate costs between cost centers per field request
- Code and reconcile company credit card charges for month-end close
- Review and allocate field shipping charges
- Assist accounts receivable and payable functions when needed
- Provide accounting and finance support to the field operations
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Business Management
- 2- 3 years of corporate accounting experiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with computerized accounting system; Great Plains experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organization, comprehension, and analytical skills
Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline. Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization’s assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.