Accounting Assistant 1
Sodexo is seeking a virtual Accounting Assistant to perform various accounting duties for an international client, this candidate can be located anywhere in the United States. This position supports our Corporate Services team with AP, AR, Work Order and Purchase Order Creation in Maximo, as well as various special projects. Use of prior financial systems is a plus. Other tasks and documents may be requested from this position as needed including meeting note taking regarding financial topics, working with our onsite staff, and working with an analyst on the accounts in question. Associates degree in accounting or finance preferred or equivalent accounting experience.
- Use and understand Microsoft Office; Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Access capabilities.
- Audit and correct vendor invoices
- Multi-tasks performing activities such as electronic record formatting and retention
- May perform general accounting, and complete Sodexo financial reports according to Sodexo policy and procedures.
- Manage audits
- Excel reporting
- Processing and auditing GL codes
- Resolve issues regarding past due and paid wrong vendor invoices
- Provide customer service to Sodexo operating units responsible for invoice processing and submission.
- Provide customer service to Sodexo vendors related to invoice processing and check information.
- Provide guidance to Sodexo Units related to Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- AR Billing of our clients or outside customers
- Back-up various department functions as needed
The successful candidate will:
- have experience with SharePoint, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- demonstrate strong attention to detail;
- work as a team player and can work independently; and/or
- demonstrate the initiative to seek solutions, resolve issues and have a hunger to grow and develop in this role.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are:
- fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and SharePoint;
- detailed oriented, flexible, and have ability to manage multiple priorities; and/or
- have excellent organization, communication and project management skills
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.