Sodexo has a new opening for an Accounting Assistant 2 in the Accounts Payable department of our Financial Shared Services Center in Cheektowaga, NY which handles accounting for all of our North American operations. Within the center there are many departments and positions so there’s opportunities for growth & advancement.
This role will work a hybrid schedule averaging three days in the office and two days from home plus 10 work from anywhere- this is on top of vacation, holidays and personal days.
The office offers a modern, collaborative environment with free parking and on-site full-service cafeteria
If you are looking for a good work/life balance – we’ve got it.
The successful candidate will:
- Research, resolve, and process past due and paid wrong vendor invoices using the AP adjustment process and SAP.
- Research and monitor invoice processing issues related to electronic invoicing vendors.
- Audit and correct vendor invoices processed by site operators using Sodexo financial systems UFS and The Market Connection (TMC).
- Provide customer service to both Sodexo cost centers responsible for invoice processing and vendors inquiring about past due invoices and payment status.
- Provide support for AP check status requests, process stop payments, and void checks.
- Provide guidance to Sodexo Units related to Accounts Payable policies and procedures
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) line support.
- Distribution of incoming Accounts Payable mail (on-site task).
- Perform special projects as needed
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years Accounts Payable experience (SAP preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Accounts Payable policies and procedures
- Proficient Using Outlook, Excel, and web-based applications
Performs various clerical/accounting functions in support of the company’s or department’s financial tracking, processing and reporting requirements. May involve general accounts payable/receivable or related financial areas. Work is mostly structured, with procedures and guidelines available as to how assignments are to be completed. However, may occasionally be required to develop alternative solutions and approaches.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.