Sodexo is seeking a Financial Administrative Assistant for Boston Children’s Hospital located in Boston, MA. Hours are generally Mon-Fri dayshift, no weekends.
This position will have the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual responsibility for collection, analysis and data entry of financial information for the Food Services department at Boston Children’s Hospital:
- Create and update spreadsheets of daily transactions, retail sales
- Provide monthly reconciliation of gift cards, interdepartmental transfers
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Prepare budget information for the General Manager
- Maintain reports on financial metrics
- Keep records of invoices
- Identify and address account budget discrepancies
- Participate in payroll processes
- Report on financial projections
Must have exceptional attention to detail. Past experience in a financial capacity, experience with Excel, Hyperion or other financial software is expected.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience with SharePoint, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- demonstrate strong attention to detail;
- work as a team player and can work independently; and/or
- demonstrate the initiative to seek solutions, resolve issues and have a hunger to grow and develop in this role.
- be detailed oriented, flexible, and have ability to manage multiple priorities; and/or have excellent organization, communication and project management skills.
Learn more about Boston Children’s Hospital at https://www.childrenshospital.org/
Sodexo COVID Vaccine Mandate Details:
Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
Performs a wide range of administrative and general support duties. Frequently communicates with senior-level internal and external contacts and is regularly exposed to confidential data. Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision. Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with other teams.
This position resides in-unit or above-unit.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.