The Administrative Assistant will be a member of CornerStone’s Admin/Finance team, which currently includes the Managing Director of Finance/Chief Compliance Officer and the HR Manager. The Administrative Assistant will support their workflows and administer daily office operations in our office in Charlottesville, Virginia, and provide administrative assistance to senior management of the firm. The successful Administrative Assistant will demonstrate strong attention to detail, effectively maintain existing processes, and work closely with the HR
Manager to accomplish team initiatives. This is a highly visible position at the firm and the candidate must be comfortable working in a professional office environment.
This is a full-time non-exempt hourly position that includes a generous benefits package, including group health insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and employer retirement plan contribution.
- Maintain key facility/equipment details, procedures, and vendor lists.
- Assist with office machines (copiers, phones) and refer/follow-up on issues to service providers as needed.
- Oversee maintenance of common areas (reception, conference rooms, breakroom) and report issues to building maintenance.
- Keep office/break room supplies stocked and respond to staff requests.
- Point of contact between staff and IT service provider: monitor equipment needs and refer/follow-up on issues as needed.
- Assist with tech setup for in-office meetings.
- Support coordination of employee and guest travel logistics.
- Assist with scheduling and calendar management for senior management as needed.
- Collect and distribute mail and packages daily.
- Monitor main phone line voicemail and direct incoming calls.
- Monitor incoming email to general email address and redirect as needed.
- Assist with various special projects as needed.
Attributes, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail-oriented; stellar organization and follow-through.
- Strong communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Resourceful, with a demonstrated ability to anticipate issues and solve problems.
- Responsible and conscientious; desires to contribute to a mission-driven culture.
- Optimistic and composed; able to refocus or re-prioritize quickly.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional office environment
- Must authorize a pre-employment background investigation
CornerStone Partners is a dynamic, growth-oriented firm committed to developing a diverse and equitable workforce.
We are an outsourced investment office (OCIO) located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our clients rely on the returns generated by their investment portfolios to fund their missions in health, education, conservation, and building and improving communities. They hire CornerStone to manage their investment program, including full-scale back-office operational and administrative support.
collaborate closely with each Client to tailor and establish an investment policy and asset allocation framework to meet their organization's unique needs and financial considerations.
is to develop a diversified, long-term investment portfolio that is well integrated with the institution's broader mission and strategy. All Clients are non/not-for-profit institutions with missions in education, healthcare, conservation, or improving access to resources in their local communities.
December 1, 2020, CornerStone Partners joined the Focus Financial Partners, Inc. partnership. Focus is a leading partnership of independent, fiduciary wealth management firms. CornerStone will further diversify Focus's partnership and complement the existing focus on the ultra-high net worth client segment. Focus partner firms maintain their operational independence and benefit from the synergies, scale, economics and best practices offered by Focus to achieve their business objectives. For more information about Focus, please visit focusfinancialpartners.com.