Reporting to the Head of Rheumatology, Clinical Sciences, as the Administrative Assistant, you will be expected to support a growing global organization and its leadership. In that capacity, this person is expected to provide leadership from a support perspective, working closely with the Head to:
- Create meetings and flows that facilitate Clinical Sciences meeting its objectives
- Coordinate support for staff across Rheumatology, including assuring support across for vacations/high demand periods
- Manage complex calendar/schedules and reconcile conflicts promptly with the ability to prioritize business critical engagements, with respect for Senior Management, Clinical Sciences staff and partners
- Draft internal and external correspondence as required
- Manage complex and fluid travel arraignments for Head of Clinical Science in line with business need
- Initiate and manage requests for basic contracts for engaging external experts and ensuring payments for service rendered
The ideal candidate will also have a detailed working knowledge of administrative systems (e.g. procurement, reimbursement) and GSK business systems (e.g. Teamsites, websites).
The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The role will interact across all levels of the organization and should use discretion when working with sensitive/confidential information. Depending on the roles of the person or people being assisted, the individual may also deal with people external to GSK, such as for scheduling meetings or obtaining information. The individual is expected to seek assistance from other administrative colleagues as workload dictates and possess the ability to manage expectations of the organization in a courteous and tactful manner. The Administrative Assistant is recognized as an information resource within the department and by others. The role requires interaction with all levels – this may involve persons at high levels both internal and external to the company on matters requiring explanation, discussion and tactfulness.
The job purpose is to provide essential administrative support within R&D – Clinical Sciences in a manner that exhibits excellent organizational and prioritization skills for an environment with constant change and a broad scope of “customer” requests and needs while exercising discretion when working with sensitive/confidential information.
- Manage diverse, routine and ad hoc administrative activities within Clinical Sciences.
- Draft and type memoranda, correspondence and generate reports.
- Coordinate travel arrangements while adhering to GSK Corporate Travel Policy by booking travel to ensure a cost savings to GSK. Manage Calendars.
- Prepare and submit accurate expense reports as required.
- Completion of all mandatory MyLearning modules before the due date.
- Manage special projects as agreed.
- Work across Clinical Sciences to ensure deliverables for the organization are accomplished.
- Scheduling of meetings (i.e. rooms, catering, A/V and any technology as required).
- Pre-planning of all logistics for internal and external meetings, including interviewing logistics, confirming that meeting supplies and necessary arrangements are in place before the meeting
- Effectively collaborate with the administrative team by positively impacting and contributing to the success of the team on an ongoing basis
- Provided admin support for other Admin CoE team members as backup and assisting in crunch times.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in a variety of databases, software and internal systems to be recognized as an information resource for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ordering of necessary supplies as per each sites policy.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 years of administrative support experience as well as a baseline understanding of internet navigation and all Microsoft office applications
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge generally acquired with a minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
- Knowledge of supporting remote teams
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.