The Aftermarket Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for the daily selling activities of PKI consumables within their territory. The person in this role will focus on the customer experience and driving revenue for the Environmental Health Aftermarket Business. The ideal candidate will effectively drive the sales process from target identification and lead qualification through order close and shipment while remaining primarily onsite in Shelton.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for assigned territory
- Accurate forecasting of sales and orders.
- Manage Volume Purchase Agreements for key accounts
- Achieve defined metrics associated within the inside sales channel.
- SalesLoft (CRM) compliance, outbound calls, lead conversions, opportunity creation and management, etc.
- Effectively drive lead conversion, campa ign ROI and willingly prospect and discover new sales opportunities.
- Utilize consultative sales approach to ensure customer satisfaction and drive cross-selling within territory.
- Grow product expertise in order to provide customers with the best solution, based upon their application requirements.
- Authorization to work for any employer in the US without requiring further sponsorship.
- Heavy outbound sales focus
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Use of CRM systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be results-driven and possess the ability to utilize exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to work within a Team Selling Model and engage field-based resources as necessary to advance opportunities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Salesforce.com experienceis a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships via the telephone and email.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex organization, while influencing decisions.
- Highly effective time management and organizational skills.
- Process orientated, with a strong knowledge of selling, marketing & the customer care process.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.