Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/jumprecruits/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jump-extensions/jobs/single-jobs.php on line 91
As a world leading pharmaceutical healthcare company, GSK plays a fundamental role in helping people to do more, feel better and live longer. We are currently seeking an experienced Automation & Analytical Platforms Specialist with a proven track record of driving innovation and technology development to lead the modernization within GSK’s Analytical Platforms & Platform Modernization (APPM) team within Product Development & Supply (PDS) of Medicinal Science and Technology (MST). The successful individual will occupy a key position in the current organization and will be expected to work across boundaries and disciplines to realize the goals of APPM within R&D’s PDS and Biopharm PDS (BPDS) groups. The successful candidate will support the delivery and modernization efforts of current and future walk up analytical platforms and automation systems, as well as identifying and developing new opportunities for deployment. By collaborating closely with colleagues within MST, the successful individual will drive the support, training, development, and delivery of user-friendly walk-up analytical platforms, key automation platforms, and next-generation digital technologies within the organization that drive efficiencies that significantly improve the workflows to ultimately benefit the patient.
- The successful candidate’s key responsibilities will be to:
Provide rapid hands-on support, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis of errors of Platform instruments to maximize uptime and minimize human effort required to support the Platforms across Upper Providence (UP) and Upper Merion (UM) GSK facilities (Flexibility to travel between (UP & UM will be required, ~14 miles apart)
- Design, build, and optimize the use of standardized measurement systems and laboratory processes (the Platform) using fundamental concepts in analytical chemistry and/or lean work practices
- Evaluate and integrate new analytical technologies and/or software into the Platform where there is a clear benefit to implementation
- Identify areas for modernization, bottlenecks, and/or systematically evaluate and/or assess root causes of errors in the laboratory, discriminating between inefficiencies arising from human, software, hardware, firmware, and/or chemical sources.
- Deliver automated and/or digital solutions to eliminate common failure modes
- Be responsible for the technical support, transfer, implementation, and/or management of Platform analytical methods
- Network with key stakeholders within GSK
- To present on applications within a variety of settings to key stakeholders
- To produce a variety of key documentation, including project proposals and/or articles suitable for publication
- Act as a technical resource for the APPM team as well as field questions within the role’s expertise.
- Maintain and prepare critical reagents and reference standards utilized by end users of Platform instruments
- BSc in Analytical/Bio Chemistry, Biotechnology, Engineering, or equivalent with 2+ years’ experience working in a pharmaceuticals, biopharm, or product development environment
- Experience in HPLC/UPLC separations (RP, IEX, SEC) utilizing variety of detection techniques, including chromatography system maintenance /troubleshooting and/or HPLC method development.
- A proficient understanding and application of laboratory automation
- Strong people, organizational, and communication skills (both written and oral), with the ability to liaise with colleagues and collaborators at all levels
- Ability to work within project timelines
- Basic understanding of GxP requirements
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills
- Strong Teamwork skills
- Good communication skills and ability build relationships
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Passionate personality and positive attitude;
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to commonly travel between sites (Upper Providence and Upper Merion, ~14 miles apart)
- Advanced degree in Analytical/Physical or Bio Chemistry, Biotechnology, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience working in a pharmaceuticals, biopharm, or product development environment
- Experience applying analytical chemistry scientific principles and techniques to support CMC activities and experience in the analysis of proteins and/or peptides
- Experience with HPLC related software packages such as Empower and/or ChemStation
- Experience in small and/or large molecule processes and methodologies
- Ability to generate, collate, critically analyze/review and/or draw conclusions from complex experimental data
- Experienced in use of automation for preparation and analysis of samples and interrogation and processing of analytical data
- Hands-on experience implementing automated laboratory solutions and workflows including, but not limited to: configuration, troubleshooting, and/or method programming
- Experience in identifying solutions around automated platforms (including individual components such as programming liquid handlers), experience with Hamilton systems is a plus
- The individual can work with minimal supervision and/or is seen as a subject matter expert
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.