Seeking a highly motivated BS- or MS-level scientist with analytical and purification skills to join the Centralized Achiral Purification Service (CAPS). In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will perform analytical analysis and preparative separations of achiral compounds utilizing preparative HPLC platforms to advance small molecule drug discovery programs.
The CAPS group is a multidisciplinary team that is part of a global Discovery Analytical department. The CAPS team works with project teams to progress the discovery and development of small molecules from hit identification through early development. This position will help to enable the effective partnership of chemistry teams from Medicinal with Discovery Analytical.
Perform analytical analysis and preparative separations of achiral compounds utilizing preparative HPLC platforms to advance small molecule drug discovery programs
Assist in set-up and operation of the CAPS hardware and software.
Assist in managing the workflow within the group.
Multitask purification and analysis
Analyze up to 20 samples per day
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 0-3 years of experience in chemistry, analytical chemistry or a similar scientific discipline
- Demonstrated working familiarity with several different analytical and preparative techniques
- Strong desire to learn with multifunctional learning agility
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Learn basic preparative instrumentation and knowledge of simple maintenance and repair
- Experience with analytical method development and preparative chromatography in small molecule pharmaceuticals
- Ability to analyze chromatographic data and make decisions for follow up experiments.
- Awareness of Agilent, Waters and Shimadzu analytical and preparative chromatography systems
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder; bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required managing hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.