Sodexo is looking for a General Manager of Facilities to manage our premier clients throughout San Diego County, CA. Ideal candidates will have 10+ years’ of experience in managing diverse teams including maintenance technicians, environmental services aides, security, groundskeeping, transportation and construction. This position will also serve as an expert in the management of the corporate safety program to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies. Experience in senior living and/or healthcare is a plus! Sodexo is responsible for many upscale senior living communities and is expected to provide outstanding service to seniors.
As the Facilities General Manager you will have direct oversight of facilities throughout San Diego County at up to 5 locations, providing services that include, Independent and Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Child Care and all-inclusive healthcare for the elderly. This is a large and growing organization that provides exciting opportunities for a seasoned professional. We will depend on you to work closely with administrators and executives to deliver world class hard and soft FM services that support the sterling reputation of our client.
- Directs all maintenance operations of buildings and grounds at multiple units. Using TELS, schedules maintenance and monitors the operation of building systems such as heating and air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and emergency power generators.
- Expected to lead minor renovations and work jointly with others on major construction projects. Supervises environmental services such as laundry, office and room cleaning, trash and recycling services, carpet care and more, while maintaining a healthcare environment.
- Responsible for the landscaping, via contracted services, for several campuses.
- Develops and manages budgets, as well as, providing justification and support related to grants and other funding sources.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining employee payroll and training records.
- Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations.
- Senior-most person assigned to the contract related to areas of responsibility.
Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
– Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership – assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.