Area General Manager
The successful candidate will have a strong background in food management, high end, large volume catering, a history of managing budgets, the ability to develop and maintain strong customer relations, computer literacy as well as excellent leadership and communication skills.
Key Duties Include:
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food service operations
- Organizing and execution of innovative and creative catering events
- Supervises day to day activities
- Assigns & prioritizes essential tasks
- Monitor operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities
We are looking for candidates who have:
- experience managing a management team both front-of-house and back-of-house
- financial acumen, experience with creating and managing budgets
- experience training and directing a talented and diverse staff
- innovation and ability to grow revenue and manage cost
- customer driven and strong track record in organizational development
- superior client relations skills and executive presence
- experience working with food management systems
A Covid-19 vaccination is required to work at this site.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership – assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.