Area General Manager
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Area General Manager to support our Healthcare locations in the Boston area.
The Area General Manager in this market will be responsible for 3 physical locations whose oversight of the locations and travel to them are needed during the week. The ability to manage and cultivate client relationships and build inter-department collaboration is key to the success of Cambridge Health Alliance. Union experience preferred..
Ideally the candidate of choice will have Healthcare or large multi-site food and beverage experience with Sodexo tools and resources. A strong skill set is required to develop management performance and drive a rigorous patient satisfaction outcomes. Having the ability to foster employee engagement and workplace safety are core competencies of the AGM in the Brazos Valley market.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated history of excellence in a multi-unit dining setting and of successful, diverse team leadership within a food service environment.
- Have previous experience managing in a healthcare or hospital environment and/or managed a team for a contract service organization.
- Have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills as well the ability to work collaboratively.
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and have demonstrated success managing food and labor costs and budgets.
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations and experience successfully mentoring and developing staff and teams.
- Be a solid leader who is perceptive and applies attention to details that make a difference in quality and presentation of food, while providing exceptional customer service.
- Be customer and client focused, including providing quality dining options in a welcoming dining environment.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- The ability to grow the business for multi-unit operations Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
- After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership – assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.