At GlaxoSmithKline we have created a world-leading data and computational environment to enable large scale scientific experiments that exploit GSK’s unique access to data. Our focus is on bringing data, analytics & science together into solutions for our scientists to develop medicines for patients.
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning and infrastructure experts that want to be part of a team that discovers new medicines. The role of AI/ML Platform Engineer is an exciting opportunity that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious and bold. Our mission on the AI/ML Platform Engineering team is to provide deep computing expertise, automated workflows, production-grade infrastructure, and helpful tooling to enable the AI/ML team and our partners to solve cutting-edge research problems in the pharma space and translate their solutions into direct impact on the business and on patients.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. As an AI/ML Platform Engineer, we’d like you to be able to:
- Build metadata-driven workflows for simplifying the machine learning process, including data movement, parallelized training, and artifact capture for later inference
- Contribute to a modern, cloud-native ecosystem of tools for inference-as-a-service and other parts of the ML ecosystem using tools like Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Python, Go, and Scala
- Help to design and implement an AutoML service on GSK R&D’s data platform and computing infrastructure
- Embed with AI/ML project teams to provide deep computing and software engineering expertise (code review and coding standards, debugging, performance optimization, etc)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advanced Degree (Pure Mathematics or Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field)
- Expert understanding of Python
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch, including parallelism
- Comfortable in C/C++
- Experience with professional software development practices such as code standards, code reviews, source control best practices, etc
- Exposure to job scheduling systems such as Slurm, YARN, or Kubernetes
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience with building apps for modern, container-based ecosystems, such as Kubernetes+Docker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.