Sodexo is hiring an Assistant Child Nutrition Director for the K-12 segment based in the Austin area for one of the fastest growing school districts in Texas. This individual will utilize their business acumen to direct all contract management service operations at the account, oversee special functions, and maintain cash control and payroll records. This role is responsible for providing an environment that supports healthy food habits while maintaining program integrity and customer satisfaction. To support the mission, this role will also be responsible for hiring and ensuring training of unit personnel, while maintaining customer satisfaction and good public relations. The area offers a unique blend of Texas Hill Country living in the urban Austin metropolitan area with scenic landscapes, wildlife, and waterways. This is a potential sale and contingent offers will be made. Valid Driver’s License Required.
The successful candidate will:
- establishes quality standards for the presentation and service of food.
- implements a district-wide customer service driven philosophy that focuses on value and satisfaction
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- create a positive working environment;
- develops and integrates employee safety regulations into all phases of the school foodservice operation.
- have a strong financial acumen and achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- have experience managing multiple locations;
- integrate fully within our client’s organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the account’s leadership team;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth;
- implements efficient management techniques to ensure all records and supporting documentation are maintained in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and policies.
- create an exceptional student experience through marketing, menu design, and food quality; and
- lead and motivate the management team, inspiring strategic direction;
- implements a cost-effective procurement system and develops purchasing guidelines to ensure purchased food and supplies reflect product knowledge, student preferences, district needs, policies, and nutrition objectives.
- ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments;
- sustain client satisfaction and retention; and
- maintain strong employee relations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has experience working within K-12 services and National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service; and
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s degree, with academic major in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 4 years of relevant school nutrition programs experience
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.