This role is accountable for expert high-quality legal support to the oncology business for matters that are strategically important and that are highly complex. The role requires sophisticated strategic thinking as well as excellent execution in terms of both quality and quantity. It works autonomously, needing little oversight or guidance and therefore reports directly to a VP level. It is an inspirational role with high expectations of performance.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsible with other senior lawyers for devising, implementing and sharing best practice across the oncology legal team as the legal and regulatory environment changes.
- Serving as a key legal adviser and therapy area lawyer for designated oncology assets, including providing and/or ensuring the R&D, medical, US commercial and Global commercial legal support are provided for such assets.
- Advising on a variety of commercial programs supporting oncology medicines, with a strong working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, including in the US.
- Advising on a variety of research and development issues for a global oncology development program.
- Counseling on the external legal environment relating to operating an oncology business, with a clear understanding of industry practices.
- Partners with senior R&D and commercial oncology management to ensure appropriate implementation of legal strategies across the portfolio. Able and willing to autonomously present at the highest levels of the organisation, including to senior management and internal governance boards.
- Ensuring overarching legal support for research activities conducted by legacy Tesaro oncology R&D and coordinating obligations and license-specific terms/activities for legacy Tesaro activities with TA lawyer, business development and other entities within GSK to ensure legal requirements are understood and implemented on a routine and holistic manner.
- Serve as an on-site legal contact for site related matters at the Tesaro, Inc. Waltham, Massachusetts site for GSK.
- Leading matrix teams of other attorneys as required, can work through others.
The individual in this role is also a departmental “go to” person for oncology legal knowledge and quality, as well as aspects of the assets that this individual supports. They are expected to proactively convey knowledge to assist others in performing their roles.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- U.S. Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Current member of a state bar
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Experience in Healthcare laws/regulations
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.