As a member of CornerStone Partners’ Investment Operations Team, the Investment Operations Associate will utilize
their exceptional accounting and client service skills to provide support to non-profit clients. The successful candidate is
accountable, unselfish, precise, and an agile learner. As a member of the collaborative and highly skilled Investment
Operations Team, the Associate will have a clear path to hone and develop their skills in accounting and financial analysis.
Upon completion of training, the Operations Associate will have a wide-range of responsibilities, including:
- Review of accounting and performance data provided by the custodians
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly client portfolio reports
- Maintenance of investment performance and analytical platforms
- Calculation and/or review of client performance returns and related metrics, such as:
- Private equity investment account reconciliations and performance measures
- Portfolio-level risk and exposure analysis
- Performance attribution analysis
- Portfolio liquidity tracking and cash flow analysis
- Investment-related client audit and tax support
- Investment transaction processing and other portfolio administration functions
- Special projects
- Experienced, career-minded professional with exceptional accounting and client service skills
- Aptitude and preference to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person
- Attention to detail and the ability to spot errors and work with extreme precision
- Ability to deal with high volumes of diverse information flows and assimilate into accurate, relevant and
- Ability to work independently and adhere to strict deadlines
- Minimum BA, BS or equivalent, CPA or advanced degree helpful
- Understanding of non-profit accounting and taxation helpful, along with experience and/or interest in the
investment industry and financial analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
CornerStone Partners is a dynamic, growth-oriented firm committed to developing a diverse and equitable workforce.
We are an outsourced investment office (OCIO) located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our clients rely on the returns generated by their investment portfolios to fund their missions in health, education, conservation, and building and improving communities. They hire CornerStone to manage their investment program, including full-scale back-office operational and administrative support.
collaborate closely with each Client to tailor and establish an investment policy and asset allocation framework to meet their organization's unique needs and financial considerations.
is to develop a diversified, long-term investment portfolio that is well integrated with the institution's broader mission and strategy. All Clients are non/not-for-profit institutions with missions in education, healthcare, conservation, or improving access to resources in their local communities.
December 1, 2020, CornerStone Partners joined the Focus Financial Partners, Inc. partnership. Focus is a leading partnership of independent, fiduciary wealth management firms. CornerStone will further diversify Focus's partnership and complement the existing focus on the ultra-high net worth client segment. Focus partner firms maintain their operational independence and benefit from the synergies, scale, economics and best practices offered by Focus to achieve their business objectives. For more information about Focus, please visit focusfinancialpartners.com.