The BioLegend Strategic Marketing group has an exciting new opportunity for a recent Ph.D. graduate as an Associate Product Manager to manage specific product lines within the Cell Analysis Business Unit, and provide support functions for the entire Strategic Marketing Group. This position will provide essential functions for the launch of new products, including review of content to be published to Technical Data Sheets, working on competitive intelligence programs, and supporting the Marketing of new and existing products. The candidate will eventually transition to manage specific product lines, such as magnetic cell separation, high throughput screening tools (LEGENDScreen™), antigen-specific cell detection tools, and others, depending on scientific background and experience.
- Product Release: Review the information and data for new product release Technical Data Sheets to ensure accuracy and quality, in a timely manner. Assign Marketing categories for new product releases as needed. Other new product release activities as needed, such as review and edit protocols, manuals, and other product documentation.
- Competitive Intelligence on pricing, promotions, and strategies.
- Product Management: Work with Product Managers, R&D, Technical Marketing, and Marketing Communications to help implement Marketing campaigns and strategies to support the sales growth of specific product lines. Assist in writing and editing marketing content as needed.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Candidates must have a recent Ph.D. with knowledge in Immunology, oncology or cell biology. Experience with flow cytometry and magnetic cell separation is strongly desired. Must be able to effectively search and read primary literature, as well as be knowledgeable with research tools, including websites, databases and instrumentation. Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, dependable, and team player. Must also have problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills and be able to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience with sequencing and genomics tools is desirable.
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of postdoctoral experience is preferred
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.