Horizon has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Associate Scientist for molecular biology/viral production. The Associate Scientist position will perform primary tasks in an ISO 9001:2015 biology manufacturing laboratory in Lafayette, CO. Key responsibilities for this position include a wide array of duties related to the processing and preparation of RNAi and Gene Editing products including molecular biology bench work, cloning, viral production, nucleic acid purification, collection replication, inventory control, and order packaging. The position will require the ability to learn and to troubleshoot various aspects of molecular biology including cloning and mammalian tissue culture.
Fulfill molecular biology/viral production through clone picking, glycerol library and collection replication, molecular cloning, and mammalian tissue culture processes.
- Applying working knowledge of DNA isolation, bacterial transformation, molecular cloning, glycerol stock generation and handling, and tissue culture.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, 5S standards, and EH&S regulations and policies.
- Compliance with all SOPs, training, and documentation (BRs and logs). Perform monthly inventory cycle counts. Perform assigned administrative functions for manufacturing (ordering, inventory, order status updates).
- Develop and contribute to all manufacturing process efficiency improvement efforts.
- Maintains professional and active participation with all members of team for productive and efficient workflow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or similar life sciences degree with 0-2 years industry experience or MS.
- Proficient in E. Coli bacterial transformation, DNA isolation, PCR, and other molecular techniques.
- Excellent time management skills and multitasking capabilities.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of a laboratory.
- Professional and clear communication skills, both written and verbal, teamwork is essential.
- ISO 9001 laboratory certification experience.
The salary range for this role is $53,000 – 59,000. This is the good faith range we believe is possible compensation for this role at the time of posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.