As an Associate Scientist, you will join a Product Development Team within the Biopharmaceutical Technologies department of the Biopharm R&D Unit, and will work on developing drug product, delivery systems, and manufacturing processes for protein & peptide-based therapeutics.
Specific responsibilities will be focused around laboratory experimentation and analytical testing of putative formulations & drug delivery approaches for select protein therapeutics, which includes contributing to conceiving & evaluating standard & novel product matrices and administration modalities.
- Physicochemical and bioanalytical characterization of native and modified biopharm compounds
- Work with the Bioanalytical Sciences group to develop & transfer stability-indicating analytical methods for use in product development
- Craft & execute non-GMP stability protocols to test quality & stability of product formulations, and interface with the Quality Control & Compliance group to craft GMP stability protocols and assess resultant data
- Work closely with regulatory affairs partners in crafting, reviewing, and submitting key regulatory documentation to support clinical progression
- Work closely with internal & external discovery and development support partners, as needed
- Maintain accurate, complete laboratory records
- Facile use of electronic data & gather, capture, archive information and communications techniques
- Assist in preparation and review of manufacturing batch records, SOPs, and other supporting documentation, as appropriate.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutics, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field
- Must be a creative, innovative self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively individually as well as in team and matrix environments.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutics, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline
- Experience in protein formulation, drug delivery, and manufacturing process development
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.