We are currently searching for an Attorney to provide legal support to Sodexo’s supply management division and its group purchasing organization. Role is responsible to draft contracts, advise business executives and field personnel on legal matters, aid in the resolution of issues, and facilitate business transactions.
*The role will be hybrid (combination of office/remote) based out of our Gaithersburg, MD NorAm headquarters.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include negotiation and drafting related to the following matters:
- Supply agreements (for the United States and Canada; or both)
- Services agreements (for the United States and Canada; or both)
- Procurement services agreements (for the United States and Canada; or both)
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Default Letters
- Demand Letters
- Interpret contractual language to assist business professionals.
- Research and analyze legal and contractual issues as needed.
- In general, provide guidance and support to business professionals in the supply management department in Sodexo’s group purchasing organization (Entegra).
- A minimum of 3 years of legal experience, ideally in commercial / corporate context
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited U.S. law school
- Member of State Bar
- General understanding of contract law
- Ability to expeditiously identify and assess issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices and reason
- Excellent written (drafting commercial agreements) and oral communication skills (including for negotiations)
- Comfortable with high volume, short turnaround requirements
- Client focused (internal and external)
- Pragmatic; balanced judgment and poise under pressure; diligent self-starter
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take ownership of and effectively resolve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and foster relationships with individuals at all levels
- Excellent time management skills: Organized and able to adapt to changing priorities quickly and comfortably
- Familiar with Microsoft suite of applications
Responsible for handling a variety of moderately complex assigned legal projects and cases. Provides in-house legal advice and counsel to managers. Evaluates case liability and financial exposure for appropriate compliance. May supervise outside legal counsel.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Juris Doctorate (J.D.) or LL.M. (Master of Laws)
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years of experience as a practicing attorney
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.