As a Automation Engineer, you will provide engineering and technical support for process controls and manufacturing execution systems in the Biopharmaceutical Operations facility
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide technical support of site automation systems and network infrastructure. Critical systems include DeltaV DCS and Syncade MES.
- Collaborate with building stakeholders thoughout the automation lifecycle: gather system/end user requirements; complete design, implementation, and testing/validation of changes; maintain documentation; maintain and monitor various systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with process controls and manufacturing execution systems; generate recommendations and then develop/execute solutions to correct and resolve.
- Drive continuous improvement and support capital projects.
- Adhere to, develop, and continuously improve the operation and maintenance procedures for process controls and manufacturing execution systems.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of the operational technology environment through administration of systems, networks, databases, and accounts. This includes servers, hosts, and analytical equipment.
- Support site technology related to systems integration and digital transformation initiatives.
- Work in a way that models respect for safety and EHS, quality compliance, data integrity, and engineering standards
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/BA in engineering, life sciences, biology or equivalent technical discipline or 4 years of relevant technical experience
- Prior experience in design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of process control systems and instrumentation (Emerson DeltaV)
- Ability to diagnose problems, generate options, prioritize issues, select optimal solutions, and implement decisions/resolve problems
- A demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and senior personnel in multidisciplinary teams involving scientific, engineering, and operational disciplines
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prior experience in the design, programming, and troubleshooting of Emerson Syncade or similar MES systems
- Prior experience in systems/account administration, network design, and server troubleshooting
- Prior experience coding Visual Basic and similar languages
- Experience working in a GMP environment
- Prior experience in the design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of PLC (Allen Bradley) systems
- Knowledge in current standards of control system platforms and computer system validation
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.