Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to further develop your automation and project leadership skills in a highly challenging state-of-the-art engineering environment? If yes, this Automation Engineer opportunity with our dynamic team at our Zebulon, NC pharma site may be the right opportunity for you to explore.
This individual will be responsible for supporting systems and projects within the site Automation Strategy and for providing Automation support (Pharmaceutical Fill/Finish/Packaging) to the Zebulon site. You will implement and support projects and systems within the site Automation Strategy and provide Automation support (Pharmaceutical Fill/Finish/Packaging) to the Zebulon site within a multi-disciplinary and extended team of Automation, Instrumentation, IT, Control engineers, external contractors and consultants. Successfully deliver compliant (financial, regulatory (e.g. cGMPs), GAMP) instrumentation, automation, business and control systems for new and existing pharmaceutical facilities, Building Management Systems and Environmental Monitoring Systems at Zebulon.
The key responsibilities for this role:
- Develop a working knowledge of current automation technologies in the following disciplines: Field Instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, Historians, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Virtualization and Integration Technologies – middleware, OPC, XML.
- Will help deliver elements of the sites automation projects and gain a good understanding of project management skills : Scope, cost, quality and time.
- Develop a working knowledge and participate in safety assessments where appropriate. Develop a working knowledge of (and adherence too) role related GSK policies, procedures and local codes.
- Interface and build partnerships with key site functions including Production, Technical, Planning, Engineering and Quality to ensure technology designs deliver agreed benefits.
- Insure performance management systems are in-use (Standard work) to manage individual priorities and responsibilities.
- Provide training for onsite Users / Engineers in Automation technologies and applications.
- Provide support for the Automation systems to maintain the sites production requirements
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline.
- 1-2 years relevant automation and control system engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 6+ months hands-on programming and trouble-shooting for Automation, Instrumentation and IT systems.
- Experience interfacing with operational and management teams within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science or Engineering related discipline such as Computer Science, Control Systems, Electrical, System, Computer, or Chemical Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience in hands-on programming and trouble-shooting for Automation Controls, Instrumentation and IT systems in a fast moving, high pressure Pharmaceutical, consumer goods, food manufacturing or other highly regulated cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to PLC Programming (Rockwell, Siemens) and SCADA (RSViewSE, iFix, Wonderware) paired with Field Instrumentation (flow and pressure measurement, temperature and liquid analysis).
- Exposure to Serialization as pertaining to marking material, carton, and case with a unique identifier.
- Develop an understanding of Software testing (FAT / SAT) and commissioning procedures.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and troubleshoot electrical control panels.
- Possess the ability work well in a cross functional team paired with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of EHS Practices with respect to the installation of automated plant.
- Developing knowledge in several scientific and engineering automation areas including ISA standards, P&ID nomenclature, instrumentation and electrical wiring diagrams, communication networks, control panels, HMI, MES (Propack, Aspentech), SCADA (RSViewSE, iFix, Wonderware) and PLC (Rockwell, Siemens) Programming, Historians (Aspentech) and SAP.
- A working knowledge and practical experience of computer and application validation (preferably using GAMP methodology), cGMPs, and 21 CFR Part 11 in an FDA regulated environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.