As a key member of our finance team you will be responsible for providing customer service and support to our customer base for their financial inquiries. This includes addressing client’s overdue payments, researching payment discrepancies, reviewing and processing adjustment requests, and providing feedback to clients using written and verbal communication skills. In this role you will process a high volume of inbound and outbound calls.
- Utilize strong verbal communication and customer service skills to respond to customer inquiries and handle various requests regarding changes in account and billing details
- Able to manage difficult customer issues while working in a fast paced environment
- Facilitate collections of Accounts Receivable via phone or email.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding accounts, research, and contact customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Consistently handle confidential information, multiple tasks and exercise good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Assists in other areas of the Finance department as requested.
- Process collection calls (60-80 daily) on overdue receivables between 30-120 days delinquent.
- 1-3 years of collections or call center experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organizational, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of consumer collection policies and practices preferred.
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Skip tracing and locate skills a plus.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and handle difficult customer issues.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.