The Bindery Operator II has basic understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a limited range of tasks. Will perform uncomplicated Bindery operations including running merge, matching and gluing operations. Will also perform simple maintenance tasks. Normally requires instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. May be used to oversee off-loading and tray tagging procedures.
- Operate all bindery equipment, including folders, cutters, stitchers, affixers, tabbers, straight knives, and glue attachments; perform set ups on specified bindery equipment.
- Review completed jobs to verify conformance with the job ticket and plant standards for quality and consistency
- Proof original job copy to sample to confirm accuracy of job specifications before completion
- Maintain records of time, tasks, and number of pieces completed per job
- Prepare finished product by placing in boxes, mail trays, and on carts for delivery
- Read, review, and interpret instructions on Job Instructions/Sample Board using key information for set ups and operations, including trouble shooting and correction as necessary
- Check and verify job components against Job Instructions/Sign Offs/Sample Board to code and other key information and indicators
- Check accuracy of paperwork pertaining to job, including counts, tray tags, box labels, samples, and seeds
- Understand, complete, and verify all necessary paperwork for appropriate task/job or as deemed necessary
- Adhere to policies and guidelines pertaining to confidentiality, security, safety, and professional conduct
- May train bindery employees and assists them in the resolution of problems
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of procedures for performing bindery operations
- Ability to communicate job requirements and issues with account management
- Ability to properly use and maintain bindery equipment and supplies
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks
- Skill in operating, and adjusting bindery equipment for simple jobs
- Ability to train and direct the work of others
- Ability to understand, follow, and give detailed oral and written instructions
- Working Conditions:
- Work involves frequent standing, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
- Must have good vision and good hand-eye coordination
- Regularly required move about the facility
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform proper machine start-up and shut down
- Maintain bindery equipment
- Ensure that equipment has adequate supplies to complete full production
- Ability to read and understand USPS reports, rosters, and tray tag information
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of equipment and work area at all times
- Maintain, complete, and verify paperwork for each production run documenting
- Production run time
- Down time
- Maintenance sheets
- Postal information
- Meter readings and other production logs as directed by supervisor
- Sort, tray, strap and prepare finished mail pieces in compliance with US Postal regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in direct mail bindery production preferred
- Ability to set-up, operate, and adjust bindery equipment for simple jobs
- Ability to read and understand job tickets, USPS reports, rosters and tray tag information
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to train and direct the work of others
- Requires 1-3+ years of related experience
- High school or equivalent required
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.