Biochemist - Conjugation
The Biochemist I will be an integral member of a team, that manufactures and provides conjugated antibodies to enable studies for novel applications in precision medicine, oncology, immunology, neuroscience, and stem cell research. This position will report to a team lead and will ensure the highest quality of our finalized antibody products. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment for you to enhance your knowledge in the biotechnology industry! In this position you will perform troubleshooting of problematic errors, continue to improve methodologies for efficiency, follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s, and cross train on a variety of other supporting tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow SOPs and batch records
- Execute conjugation and purification of conjugated antibodies with various conjugation formats.
- Perform different types of column chromatography
- Operate automation using AKTA machine
- Conduct dialysis or buffer exchanges
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots lab equipment
- Follow manufacture procedures with understanding of chemistry behind of process
- Ability maintain and operates lab equipment include UV monitors, spectrophotometer, centrifuges
- Collaborative with other team member to ensure high level of productivity
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Able to accomplish goals under strict timelines
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or other related area, Biotech certification, or equivalent work experience in a production environment at least 2 years of working experience in related biotech product development or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized and work well in groups setting
- Able to perform basic computer operations such as MS Office and Outlook and other computer-based software
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Biology/Chemistry or related area with less than 1 year of working experience in related biotech product development or manufacturing.
- Experienced in using UV Monitor
- Experienced in conjugated antibody
- Experienced in manufacturing under ISO/GMP environment
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.