As a Biochemistry Supervisor, you will provide first line supervision to QC analysts, who are responsible for utility, in-process, and BDS testing and also serves as a leader outside of their immediate role in regards to testing and system optimization, driving continuous improvement, and participating in cross functional and cross business collaboration and teamwork.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Schedules and assures adherence to schedule for the performance of utility, bulk, validation and finished product testing for biochemical analysis, so that all testing to support the production and release of product lots is performed in compliance to internal procedures and standards and external regulatory standards.
- Reviews and approves biochemistry test results for in-process, bulks, finished products, and validation testing.
- Reviews and approves investigations, change controls, protocols, validation reports.
- Writes, updates, reviews, and approves Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures, Analytical Methods and Specifications and troubleshoots laboratory test problems.
- Evaluates new equipment for purchase.
- Assesses new technologies for application to site operations
- Performs administrative duties, i.e. hiring, discipline and performance evaluations.
- Assures that laboratory equipment is calibrated and in good working condition, purchases supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes GPS tools and processes to continuously improve efficiencies and ensured adherence to schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring laboratories are operated in a state of control with regards to current LSOP’s, GMP’s and regulations and Biochemistry SME for internal and external regulatory audits and inspections.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline
- 5 years in a GxP regulated laboratory environment
- 2 or more years of experience supervising a team
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Solid team player able to function within team based organisation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to interact with peers, subordinate and senior personnel in multidisciplinary environment including engineering, facility operations, validation, production and QA.
- Able to prioritise and decide appropriate course of actions. Effective at implementing decisions
- Fully versed in GMP’s, NIH, ICH Guidelines, FDA and other regulatory agency requirements for validation and operations of analytical and stability functions.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.