Biotechnician - FGI
The Manufacturing Associate will be an important member of our Finished Goods Inventory/Bulk Inventory team that supplies purified bulk antibodies for finished goods. This position will be responsible for performing all essential functions related to FGI antibody processing, including verifying specifications, reviewing available inventory, adjusting concentration, performing buffer exchange if necessary and endotoxin assays. These materials will support customers in the areas of Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology. This position will also interact with external groups including Planning, Bottling, Customer Service, Marketing and Internal Sales. This is a great opportunity to enhance your knowledge in the biotechnology industry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Finished goods formulations
- Reviewing available inventory
- Adjusting concentrations
- Performing buffer exchange
- Endotoxin assays
- Reading and following SOPs, batch records, and other GMP documentation
- Optimizing and analyzing lot histories
- Using ERP and other databases to obtain information to support bulk processing activities
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High school diploma w/ 6 months industry experience
- Associates degree w/ no industry experience
- Biology or biochemistry background
- Good aseptic and sterile technique
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- 1 year of industry or lab experience
- Experience with ERP and databases
- Aseptic Technique in biosafety cabinet
- Basic protein formulation experience
- GMP/QSR experience
- Analytical assays such as endotoxin
- Use of nanodrop or spectrophotometer
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.