Catering Manager 2
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 2 at Grace College and Theological Seminary – a private, faith based university located in Winona Lake, IN. Sodexo has partnered with Grace College for close to 15 years, with the dining services program including 1 resident dining hall, concession services, 3 retail platforms , and both catering and conference services. This Catering Manager will oversee all catering as well assist the retail units on campus. Catering ranges from coffee breaks and concessions set up to larger lunches and dinners for groups ranging from 10 -300 guests. Winona Lake features a beautiful lake for boating and fishing, a newly restored historical district with quaint artisan shops and eateries. Two museums which focus on the history of the town and the famous evangelist, Billy Sunday, are also open. There are many beautiful and unique homes, a college and seminary, and golf courses. Relocation Assistance is available with this position. A valid driver’s license is required.
The successful candidate will:
- identify customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HACCP standards are followed; and/or
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- solid organizational skills;
- excellent leadership/team building skills;
- the ability to handle catering at all levels from students to executives; and/or
- professional demeanor is required.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands-on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with clients and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.