This Resource Manager position requires 100% travel, which will provide unlimited networking possibilities. The position is virtual and supports all units within the NORAM portfolio to fill critical vacancies, provide highly specialized SME Support, provide account opening and training. This Resource Manager position is coded as temporary and is designed to be a short-term career step (12-18 months) as you seek a permanent leadership position with Sodexo.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have 1+ years experience running a large Food operation and Catering preparation; as well as safety and sanitation compliance;
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of the Food Management System (FMS) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
This will be a Virtual home office – extensive travel – up to 10 days on/4 days off. If you are open to new challenges, traveling across the country, living near a large airport and an office from home, Sodexo may be looking for you!
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands-on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with clients and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.