Catering Manager 3
SodexoMAGIC is seeking a seasoned Catering Manager 3 for a University account located in Princess Ann, MD. Sodexo will be responsible for Resident Dining, Retail, Catering, and Concessions on campus. The Catering Manager will oversee all catering operations. The Catering Manager will be responsible for all innovative event concepts, partnerships, and will oversee all aspects of our catering program. Catering includes everything from simple boxed lunches, to branded retail drop offs, to 3 course served meals, 5 star meals, weddings, and events. Must have a flexible schedule, as this role is event driven.
The successful candidate will:
- identify customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote partnerships;
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and/or
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and event management
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high end catering experience
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge and food/beverage cost controls.
- Experience in diverse culinary functions, food and labor cost control, food safety and sanitation
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing, menu development and will be responsible for the training and development of front line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop and maintain professional, positive working relationships with multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and vendors.
- Effective communication skills and will be able to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of client and Sodexo’s organizations.
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to enhance the learning environment on campus through world-class food service
- Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands-on involvement in catering solutions. Large number of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Key Duties
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with clients and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.