JumpRecruits is partnering with SodexoMAGIC looking for a Catering Manager 3 in Washington DC.
Sodexo at Howard University Hospital has an immediate opening for a Catering Manager 2. Howard University Hospital is a long-standing partner with Sodexo with 225 beds and managing 8.5 million in volume. The Catering Manager will manage the day-to-day operation of the catering department and have some retail operations responsibilities as well.
The successful candidate will:
- utilize Sodexo operational standards and solutions to ensure consistency, efficiency and quality in the delivery of catering offering to the client;
- own and drive the operational excellence of the catering department and communicates a clear sense of strategy and purpose;
- develop and execute catering initiatives to drive sales growth and achieve catering revenue forecasts;
- clearly set roles and expectations for the team;
- monitor team performance and provide regular coaching/feedback;
- reward and recognize employees;
- anticipate client needs and provide subject matter expertise;
- ensure compliance with all HAACP standards and safety policies in all culinary operations; and/or
- develop and execute catering initiatives to drive sales growth and achieve catering revenue forecasts.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- passion for exceptional customer service, attention to detail and be extremely client-driven;
- the desire to promote the catering department and increase sales;
- the ability to work tactically and strategically in the unit with clients and customers;
- a proven track record of success in growing relationships both internally and externally to position the catering department as a department of choice; and/or
- the ability to promote team success at every level and be a true leader.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health-care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Employing over 6,500 people nationwide, SodexoMAGIC is a strategic partnership established for the creation of opportunities to provide food, housekeeping, facilities management, and related services that focus on three pillars.
- Food: We leverage the support of our renowned culinary experts and suppliers to offer innovative concepts, delicious items, and unique dishes geared toward our communities.
- Wellness: Not only do we focus on mindful culinary offers, but we also deliver programs with the goal of maintaining a balanced lifestyle, learning our bodies and staying fit both mentally and physically.
- Community: As we are the communities we serve, we find it most important to truly understand those we interact with daily. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we remain dedicated to the needs of those who make us who we are.
SodexoMAGIC is a joint venture formed in 2006, between Magic Johnson Enterprises, LLC and Sodexo. Mr. Johnson holds a 51% stake in the company and serves as Chairman, qualifying SodexoMAGIC as a NMSDC-certified Minority Owned Business.