NOTE: Chicago, IL is a preferred location, but it can work for any location in the US.
One of our premier clients, a leader in the biotech sector, is looking for a motivated, successful and experienced field application scientist to scientifically represent our company. As a cellular imaging and analysis subject matter expert, you will be promoting sales of our instrumentation and managing vital scientific relationships with existing users of our systems. You will work collaboratively with our sales team and highly experienced investigators to give application-centric presentations, provide advanced instrument training and assist customers with experimental design and troubleshooting. If you like staying intellectually challenged and engaging with scientists in academia, biotech and pharma, then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The Cellular Imaging and Analysis team is one of the fastest growing teams within their organization. We offer cutting edge solutions for automated microscopy and data analytics. Our instrumentation is represented globally by over 3,500 peer reviewed publications. The Field Applications Scientist team works in concert with our integrated sales team to provide the optimal solution to meet the research scope and vision for our customers. We seek a motivated, independent, and entrepreneurial minded individual to leverage the existing momentum to further drive expansion of our imaging portfolio.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience with cellular imaging and analysis
- MS or PhD (preferred) in a scientific discipline or equivalent experience as a Field Application Scientist
- Proven track record of experience in cell based assays, imaging and molecular biology. Knowledge of live cell and fluorescence microscopy is ideal.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of a broad range of imaging applications and analysis, with a focus on live cell assays, is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Willingness for 50-75% overnight travel.
- Support cellular imaging sales through a combination of on-site and remote activities including presentations, and demonstrations of our instrumentation and software.
- Provide post sales application support and training for our acquisition and analysis software packages.
- Develop a strong, working knowledge of our imaging portfolio and scientific applications. Knowledge of imaging and analysis will be key to successful customer interactions.
- Work closely with product managers, marketing teams and application teams to develop and maintain pre-sales and post-sales presentation and training material.
- Attend and present data at local tradeshows as requested.
- Help with lead generation for both commercial and academic accounts
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.