Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for its operations at Monarch Villa at Stockbridge, a memory support retirement community in Stockbridge, Georgia. As a part of the Willow River Senior Living family, Monarch Villa at Stockbridge serves residents with mild, moderate, and advanced memory loss in a warm inviting setting. The Chef Manager is charged with efficiently and effectively running the daily dining services with a focus on providing nutritious, home-cooked meals featuring comfort foods and local favorites.
The successful candidate will:
- have complete oversight of the residential dining services, including the front of the house staff as well catered and special events;
- be responsible for full financial oversight of the account, including budgeting and reporting;
- provide technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the production team and waitstaff, while working side by side in the operation as needed;
- create a positive, compassionate, customer service driven environment, drives employee engagement and customer satisfaction through strong leadership skills;
- strive to obtain optimum client and customer satisfaction;
- integrate fully within our client’s organization becoming a trusted advisor with a customer service focus.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a passion for culinary arts with a desire for creativity, a strong production culinary background, ideally in a healthcare setting but will welcome any culinarian who has a passion for working with Seniors;
- experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
- commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiasm for working with Seniors, are confident and warm;
- a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail.
Learn more about Villa at Riverstone at willowriverseniorliving.com
Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
– Executes the culinary function.
– Customer & Client satisfaction.
– Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.