Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for the Church of God Retirement Community, a 109 resident continuing care retirement community located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. The Chef Manager will be hands on. Will report to the General Manager and manage up to 18 hourly employees. Typical shifts will vary with every other weekend coverage.
The successful candidate will:
- train and develop the kitchen staff;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented and be part of implementing new innovative dining service options;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- strong food production skills;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- ability to coach and train employees.
Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
Learn more about Stoneridge Communities
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
– Executes the culinary function.
– Customer & Client satisfaction.
– Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.