Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for it’s operations at The Jewish Home of Central New York’s Menorah Park, a retirement community in Syracuse, NY. We’re in search of a detail oriented food service professional that is customer focused with an unwavering commitment to service and quality. The Chef Manager will provide support to the front and back of house dining and culinary operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
- delegate assignments, fill in for absent team members, and ensure our residents have a pleasant experience;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- demonstrate excellent leadership skills to create a productive and positive environment to successfully motivate staff;
- have excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- Culinary experience;
- have a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail
Learn more about The Jewish Home at menorahparkofcny.com
Employees in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo no later than February 28, 2022, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
- After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.