Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island. Providence University has an enrollment of approximately 4400 with approximately 3200 on meal plans. The resident dining facility has gone through a major renovation over the summer of 2021 and is a showcase account for Sodexo in New England.
Grow your culinary career in a management position with Sodexo as a Chef Manager at Providence College. Our successful candidate will have a culinary background, work well in a fast-paced environment and be easily adaptable to change. This position will assist the management team in upholding standards for safety, production and back of house efficiencies with the culinary team to ensure we are providing the highest quality program to our customers and guests. Typical work days will be Tuesday-Saturday 12pm-9pm. Prior large resident dining experience is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Providence College at:https://www.providence.edu/
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.