Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for SCL St. Mary’s Hospital located in Grand Junction, CO. The Chef Manager will assist with overseeing all culinary operations for this 346-bed hospital. The Chef Manager will be an experienced leader with proven ability to foster culture and mentor frontline staff, have a passion for culinary arts, and have an energetic and hands-on work ethic.
If you have a Culinary Background with Supervisory, Lead or Management Experience looking to grow your career with a supportive team in a fun working culture, you should apply now!
Salary range is $45,000 – $55,000, with full benefits.
The successful candidate will:
- assist with all retail, patient feeding, and catering;
- help maintain chef/manager schedules; cover chefs/manager schedule as needed;
- assist with implementing culinary systems and procedures for hospital;
- monitor, audit, implement and standardize new menus;
- oversee all Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
- improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
- implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services; and/or
- create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospitals.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills;
- supervisory experience in a culinary environment;
- the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
- the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
- the ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects;
- proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills; and/or
- working knowledge of HACCP
Learn more about SCL St Mary’s Hospital, Grand Junction click here.
After February 28, you must be fully vaccinated before you can start work. Fully vaccinated by February 28 means:
- Obtain the first dose of a two-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022; and the second dose no later than February 28, 2022; or
- Obtain one dose of a single-dose vaccine no later than January 27, 2022
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
– Executes the culinary function.
– Customer & Client satisfaction.
– Handles administrative functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience – 1 year
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.