Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian for a Clinical Nutrition Manager 3 position at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center located in Newark, NJ. The Clinical Nutrition manager will oversee the nutrition department and staff within this 655-bed academic university-level teaching center which provides care to adults and pediatric patients. Open to applicants who have less management experience but with a strong inpatient clinical background.
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
The Clinical Nutrition Manager will:
- Be highly motivated with solid clinical and supervisory experience;
- Provide direction and guidance for the clinical nutrition program establishing the highest caliber standards of care;
- Work with a team of Registered Dietitians and supervise staff development of clinical professionals;
- Lead diet office functions and staff;
- Responsible for meeting Joint Commission/State/Federal and company standards;
- Be the primary liaison with the medical team and nursing staff; and
- Responsible for performance improvement/quality management activities at this institution.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials and a minimum of 2 years management experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in food service in relation to optimizing the patient meal experience;
- Good time management skills, be a self-starter, hardworking, and a team player.
Absent a legally recognized exception, Newark Beth Israel requires a COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
Functions as the in-unit lead Clinical leader for a large account, system or multiple accounts under the same contract or multiple contracts in a defined region.
Manages the daily operations of nutrition services through direct supervision of both non-exempt employees and entry-level exempt professional employees.
- Directs daily operations of nutrition programs and ensure customer and client satisfaction levels are met.
- Establishes and executes operating standards, implements quality improvements, manages the budget and communicates them to other departments.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction for nutrition services.
- Promotes nutrition services and stays current with most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
- Manages employees to ensure they meet goals, cost controls deadlines, and collect outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel).
- Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client, regional or national initiatives, projects, and implements the service program(s).
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic Management Experience – 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.