The successful candidate will actively contribute to reaching the companies goals by driving oncology launches to achieve commercial launch readiness, including consistent completion of deliverables in collaboration with business leads.
To effectively manage the development, deployment and embedding of the Commercial Capabilities program, as a strategic differentiator for GSK’s Oncology Therapy Area, enabling the delivery of current and future business ambition
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Create a business focused roadmap for effective delivery of the oncology commercial capabilities’ framework, specifying clear milestones, resourcing requirements and methodology to evaluate impact. Identify future development opportunities.
- Use broad organizational insight to determine with each assigned capability lead which elements are best built, bought, borrowed or transformed (if already exist).
- Work with procurement and each assigned capability lead to align the core objectives for each next-generation commercial capability with the key attributes of potential vendor to optimize vendor selection and management.
- Develop and execute a best-practice communications plan to share progress, report early wins and maintain focus on the real benefits of the capability’s transformation effort for increased momentum and to embed change.
- Demonstrate how commercial capabilities are being built in a manner to enable selected quick wins that are tied to specific business opportunities or issues to further drive the transformation. Ensure disease focused Global launch operations and LOC launch lead roles are kept fully appraised of progress being made to assist with “pull through”.
- Define and maintain the governance model to ensure well-constructed ways of working across stakeholders and clarity around accountabilities and decision- making authority.
- Maintain an external and customer-facing focus to evaluate innovative new trends and translate these into suggested opportunities for the oncology business.
- Drive effective and scalable capabilities change management through appropriate initiatives and tools such as benchmarking, community
- building and train the trainer models.
- Convey to cross functional leaders and HR business partners identified relevant capability insights which could enhance existing oncology talent profiles.
- Work with Global functional experts (commercial, medical and access) as needed to ensure that LOC launch leads and field training / excellence individuals (wave one launch markets) have timely field training content to execute flawlessly, avoiding unnecessary duplication of work across markets.
- Degree in Science, Business, or Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of Commercial Pharmaceutical experience (ideally spanning Global and affiliate roles)
- Minimum of 2 years working in an Oncology / Specialty therapy area
- Fluency in English language, spoken and written
- Prove ability to influence others in a matrix environment
- Strong ability to understand GSK’s Oncology therapy area strategic context and work pro-actively to achieve the organization’s highest priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work flexibility managing changing and competing priorities and absorbing new information rapidly to address complex issues.
- Strong planning and program management skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and develop workflow processes and tasks for multiple projects.
- Ability to apply judgement and creativity to generate new and innovative ideas and approaches to solve complex problems or achieve competitive advantage.
- Comfortable operating in both an ambiguous and “speak up” environment.
- Experience of managing external vendors.
- Previous commercial capabilities or organizational change management experience would be highly beneficial.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.