Competitive Analysis Engineer
The Design to Value (DTV) Engineering team is responsible for working closely with our marketing planning, industrial design and engineering teams to understand their product and portfolio strategy and key competitors to then to develop a comprehensive competitive test plan to help Dell deliver differentiated products that customers value and striking the right balance between cost and features.
Designing game-changing, innovative products and solutions depends on a deep understanding of the customer combined with a detailed understanding of the competition. DTV is focused on providing actionable customer research, competitive analysis and cost analysis insights for Dell’s client product planning teams to inform Dell’s next generation of products. As a DTV Systems Engineer, you be a part of a team that will perform DTV efforts focused on delivering rich competitive analysis insights for Dell’s commercial (Latitude, OptiPlex, Precision Workstations, Rugged and Vostro) and consumer (Alienware, G Series, Inspiron, XPS) lines of business.
What you’ll achieve
This is an engineering position on a highly energized team within Dell’s Client Product Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing engineering teardowns and analysis to deliver results with actionable competitive and cost insights across the entire Client portfolio. This role will collaborate with colleagues throughout Dell to deliver products that position Dell as a leader. Dell’s Engineering mission is to meet our commitments and deliver differentiated and disruptive products, experiences and solutions which excite our sales teams, stun our competition, and delight our customers. Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth. We have a Mentor Connect program that enables you to seek mentorship to support personal and professional development. Dell also has an “Engineering Academy” that provides tools and courses to develop and strengthen functional engineering skills, deepen technical expertise, enhance personal effectiveness, and strengthen leadership skills.
- Perform detailed physical competitive hardware analysis and cost ideation, conduct competitive performance testing (benchmarks, battery life, etc), and execute competitive testing and analysis on user product experiences and technologies on current and future system technologies
- Document DTV experience-based findings and insights to be incorporated into future system designs
- Partner closely with marketing, engineering, industrial design, procurement, services, and quality to ensure strong cross-functional awareness and alignment
- Contribute to organizational strategies, processes, and initiatives surrounding DTV’s competitive analysis processes and procedure
- Associates or Bachelor degree in an engineering related field, multi-disciplinary engineer preferred with 3+ years relevant experience
- Familiarity of PC components, technologies, & functionality
- Demonstrated ability in the assembly and disassembly of computers or electronic devices
- Ability to problem solve from both an engineering and user perspective
- Ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives, frame situations, and make/drive decisions while able to think strategically, deal with ambiguity, and influence others through effective communication
- Possess a demonstrated understanding of Design to Value or Design to Cost methodologies and approaches
- Experience in photography and/or videography
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.