Affinitiv has an immediate career opportunity for help desk professionals. We are searching for a Computer Support Specialist to join our IT Infrastructure team. This is a full-time position and is based in our Buffalo Grove, IL office.
Your role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests and escalating incidents to other team members when appropriate to ensure SLAs are maintained. As the first point of contact for Internal IT support for our team members, you are responsible for fielding and logging incoming communications (emails, voicemail, phone calls, etc.) from end users and managing our service-ticket system. The Computer Support Specialist will resolve tickets in a timely manner using all available resources as well as create, update, and maintain end-user support documentation.
- Field incoming requests from end users via telephone, email, or other established Support channels.
- Resolve inbound tickets (Level 1 & 2 help desk as needed), and ensure SLAs are maintained.
- Review and monitor the service-ticket system and ensure tickets are assigned to the appropriate resource.
- Record work as well as create, update, and maintain end-user support documentation.
- Escalate technical issues outside your skillset to other technical team members when appropriate.
- Responsible for shipping equipment to remote employees.
- Ability to exercise judgement using procedures and practices to determine the appropriate course of action and correct troubleshooting/resolution is performed.
- Utilize knowledge base, FAQ’s, teammates, and all other available resources to aid in incident resolution to resolve end users’ issues effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to overall team effort in achievement of established SLA’s.
- Consistently meet and exceed established benchmarks in performance established by management.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Desire and ability to provide outstanding internal customer/end user experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Windows desktop/server required
- IOS knowledge is required
- 2 years of IT Support experience preferred; will consider new grads with associate’s/vocational IT degree.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and desktop operating systems.
- Strong documentation skills.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing, and software solutions exclusively focused on automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, but we’re also well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
So, what’s that mean for you? Through a technology-driven, consultative approach, we create a true partnership with our clients, tapping into exactly what they need to reach their unique goals, increase customer loyalty, and maximize revenue.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv Diversity Council (BRIDGE): Building Real Inclusion via Deliberate Growth and Empathy. BRIDGE is a group of progress-minded Affinitiv team members and leaders who have volunteered to jumpstart and lead our diversity, equality, and inclusion initiatives and strategies. We are a group of people from many different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and life experiences.
We are advocates of diversity and celebrate the richness it brings to our company and culture. We champion inclusivity and strive to serve as a reflection of the customers and communities we represent.