Consultant, Technical Product Owner
Join us as a Consultant, Technical Product Owner on our Advanced Development Engineering team in North America to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Technical Product Owner you will lead new technology initiatives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. In this role, you will need to have experience with driving projects from an initial idea and validating the business and market strategy. If the idea is validated, this role continues to provide leadership to a team of developers while guiding the product from technology ideation through delivery to the product team. A solution strategist mindset is necessary to ensure the dots can be connected between multiple technologies as well as meet customer and industry needs.
- Be the product owner responsible for idea validation to grow market opportunities outside of the current product roadmaps.
- Lead technology scoping that leverages Market and Industry data, customer feedback, and technology validation.
- Lead a development team through prototyping of the technology or solution utilizing current and next generation software technologies using an Agile or Lean Agile methodology in a continuous data driven approach.
- Collaborate and interact cross-functionally with product development, product engineering, customers, partners, architects, peers across Dell, and senior management.
- Lead change and continuous improvement for this innovation process.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Define new use cases through non-leading open-ended interviews that may lead in many different technical directions
- Helps define cutting-edge research and supports/leads both open-ended research as well as well-defined development deliverables in technical areas including multi-cloud, edge, data management, security, internal tools, and more
- Navigates the technology landscape to separate emerging patterns and aid in prioritization
- Provides systems-level insights to enhance Intellectual Property generation and may contribute to/brainstorm patent ideas
- Maintains the development backlog for R&D
- 8+ years in a related role with a Bachelor’s degree, 6+ years in a related role with a Master’s degree, or 3+ years in a related role with a PhD or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Data Center technologies: Storage technologies, Data Management, Data Protection, Networking and Compute technologies including software defined aspects.)
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.