The ideal candidate for this position will have a solid culinary background with a strong understanding of all aspects of food production including menu design, ordering, inventory, product knowledge, production records and will possess excellent guest service skills. As the Food Production/Culinary Manager, you will have responsibility for the club’s daily food production/culinary operations and service staff.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the food production process
- Usage of Sodexo proprietary ordering/inventory and menu design software (Market Connection and Sodexo Menu Graphics)
- Training & development of staff
- Direct customer and client interaction
- Menu compliance/new menu roll-outs
- Action station creativity
- Ensuring quality standards and compliance with HACCP guidelines
- Employee engagement
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or have a passion for food and innovation.
If you have experience as a Food Production/Kitchen/Culinary Manager; managing within hotel dining outlets, upscale private clubs and restaurants with unique/limited kitchen space, we want to hear from you!
- Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.