The Customer Support Engineer/Site Leasd will be primarily responsible for support of PerkinElmer supplied equipment at a key customer sites in Los Angeles, CA. Perform direct installation, maintenance and repair of PerkinElmer. Develop and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services. This person will also supervise a team of people.
Provides technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications and company products. Conducts on-site enhancements, maintenance and support for new and existing systems. Implements new product configurations/software upgrades, installs network devices and/or hardware components/peripherals. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs technical problems. Knowledgeable of company and third party vendor products utilized in the customer’s application/systems.
The Customer Support Engineer/Site Lead helps PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within a primary geographic area. Delivers services and support which includes direct installation, preventive maintenance and repair of company equipment, validation services and service entitlements. Represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and drives best-in-class customer service, responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair PerkinElmer equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame
- Drive toward zero service recalls
- Provide repairs and scheduled maintenance and warranty services
- Manage a team of employees
- Deliver customer training for instrument operation and user maintenance, one on one or in smaller group sessions
- Drive to understand customer’s analytical workflow and applications
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer
- Contribute to account profitability by controlling the cost of service through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables
- Develop organization awareness of other functional groups and product lines to direct customers or others to appropriate resources
- Maintain updated documentation around dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage appropriate levels of inventory to ensure adequate supply and records are maintained
- Enhance PerkinElmer’s product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, LMS trainings, etc.
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires
- Must have a valid driver’s license; While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle at all times
- Must be available to work a weekend shift and be available for rotating on call schedule; flexibility in scheduling is important
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 plus years of troubleshooting, repairing, and providing qualification services.
- 2 plus years of supervisory experience
- Liquid handling Robotics experience (Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman)
- 2+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience
- Exposure to analytical equipment and/or laboratory environment
- Certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and total rewards package
- World-class benefits package and no waiting period for health benefits
- Amazing corporate culture that is collaborative and diverse
- Opportunities for career mobility
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.