Working within a Security Operations team, the Cyber Automation Engineer will be assisting the team to build out automated solutions as well as play a role in expanding initiatives like Threat Hunting and Threat Intelligence. You get to do all this while enjoying the company of team members in a culture where new ideas and calculated risks are strongly encouraged and appreciated.
The successful candidate must have significant automation expertise while also understanding the key concepts of Cybersecurity Monitoring. In this role, the candidate will leverage all available data sources, security tools and threat trends to assist with the creation of bots and scripts that optimize the monitoring capability for our customers.
- You will be a part of a Cybersecurity Operations Center that provide security monitoring services to our clients.
- Work with security monitoring team leads to understand scripting requirements.
- Develop scripts and build solutions fulfilling the requirements of the security monitoring team.
- Script functionality include displaying alerts or investigations, service billing, data aggregation, reporting of statistics and other supporting functions.
- Ensure excellent code quality and rectify any issues or bugs arising from the code.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Python development.
- Familiar with Python data structures, exception handling, Webservice API calls, Flask framework.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS/JS. Experience with creating tables, charts and other visualizations using open source libraries like chart.js.
- Proficient in SQL & experience with inserting and retrieving data from database.
- Experience with git version control system.
- Experience with writing unit tests and continuous integration practices.
- Hands on experience with configuration/deployment of code on cloud platforms and monitoring the health of services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure service offerings (App Service, Function App, Key Vault, MS SQL)
- Experience with Microsoft, Carbon Black, Secureworks or Crowdstrike EDR/XDR toolsets, understanding of SIEM, Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Security solutions, Linux and Windows operating systems, , Honeypots, Sinkholes and Malware Sandbox Technologies, Threat Hunting, Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiarity with ServiceNow API/Microsoft Teams API
- Familiarity with Release Management & Change Control best practices
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.